To begin a fridge compressor requires a higher stage of present for a milli 2nd ( danfoss bd2 ). Any resistance in the wiring, or undersizing of the cables will result in the voltage to drop below the automated lower out level when the compressor tries to begin.
If the compressor is a Danfoss BD35 or BD50 carry out a fault diagnosis check employing an LED related to the small + and the D terminal on the controller. If you have an previously product, Danfoss BD2.five or ACC compressor, start off by screening the electrical power supply using the recommendations under.
Danfoss bd2 control module
To appropriately examination the strength provide to a Danfoss or ACC driven 12v or 24v system, the following screening procedure ought to be carried out. This will verify if the energy provide feeding the technique is free of charge of poor, loose and/or high-resistance connections. Reading through the voltage on the panel or at the batteries is meaningless, as is the reality that you might have new batteries, your battery dimension and the capacity of the battery lender is also irrelevant.
1. Flip off the breaker (or remove the fuse) supplying DC strength to the system.
2. Unplug one of the thermostat leads at the controller (if you can, make up a small circuit to hyperlink out the thermostat terminals (C & T).
3. Employing a multi-meter, go through and report the DC voltage at the battery terminals.
4. Following, connect the multi-meter studying DC voltage to the electrical power terminals (+ and -) on the compressors controller, so that it can be left related and monitored.
5. Flip on the breaker (or set up the fuse) to the method.
6. Test that the voltage is the very same as the voltage noticed at the battery terminals.
7. Observing the multi-meter, reconnect the thermostat lead (or your website link out circuit) and keep track of the voltage continuously prior to, in the course of, and soon after the compressor starts or attempts to commence.
Interpreting strength provide final results
· If the strength provide is no cost of loose, poor, and/or large resistance connections, the voltage studying will remain extremely stable and only drop slightly when the compressor commences. As a common rule, on a 12v technique the studying need to not drop under 12v.
· If, when the compressor attempts to start, the voltage reading through drops substantially, a poor electrical connection should be suspected. If the voltage drop is sufficient to fall under the ten.5v (23v) lower-off constructed in to the controller, the compressor will quit. (At this stage the voltage may return to it’s unique looking at.) The fan (or in marine applications the pump) will keep on to run for approx. 45 seconds and then the compressor will try a re-begin. If the pre start off voltage is previously mentioned eleven.5v (23.5v) the compressor will start off or try to re-start off again.
WARNING If the multi-meter you are employing is a digital design, the voltage may possibly drop under ten.5v (23v) and then recover too swiftly to register on the meter. This indicates the compressor is attempting to begin, then stopping due to reduced voltage, the voltage returns to its’ authentic value, and there currently being no important drop on the meter.
· If the compressor starts and runs Okay but stops following a short while, or when the battery charger is turned off, the voltage may be gradually dropping falling beneath the 10.5v (23v) lower-off stage when the compressor tries to restart. This need to be identified on your meter.
· If the nature of the fault is this sort of that the voltage studying drops below ten.5v (23v) even just before the compressor attempts to start off, a very undesirable electrical connection ought to be suspected. This is because even the small load of the fan or pump relay, each much less than .five amp (.25 amp), is seemingly enough to decrease the voltage significantly.
danfoss bd2 power module
What to look for
A loose and/or substantial-resistance connection can be everywhere in the provide among the batteries and the controller. i.e. a undesirable breaker or fuse, a loose or corroded screw connection, a poorly manufactured or corroded crimp connection, a damaged area of wire, etc.
For even more details and studying on how to resolve your 12v or 24v fridge you can search for manuals and posts for professionals in the repair and services of 12v & 24v fridges in the UK and Europe. If you are searching to restore or repair a marine, camper or truck fridge.
Our visitors were also looking for
- bd2 danfoss compressor fan 24v
- danfoss bd2
- danfoss bd2 5 f